Service and Machine Inspections
Xtrutech offer a range of preventative maintenance inspections, including barrel wear inspections, torque coupling services and gearbox alignments to help reduce the potential breakdowns of most major makes of twin screw extruders.
Xtrutech are proud of their reputation for service. Each member of the service engineering team has a wide range of expertise, and many years of machine servicing experience, and takes pride in giving customer satisfaction. Their speciality is to find the right solution for the customer, not necessarily the easiest or quickest solution.
In addition to undertaking service work on sites around the globe, Xtrutech offers a machine maintenance service that has the flexibility to fit well with user needs, from a one off machine inspection and report, to a longer term preventative maintenance package that is tailor made to the needs of the customer.
Training of technical staff and of machine operators can be provided, to ensure that customers know how to get the best out of their machinery. These courses can be conducted at a customer’s site or at Xtrutech’s facilities, and can be configured to include:
- Machine operation,
- Fault finding,
- Preventative maintenance,
- Process optimisation,
- Design of screw configurations
Service means more to us at Xtrutech than simply repairing equipment; we as a local, direct and personal company want to offer so much more than that. Whether it is discussing the potential of your machines, or preventative maintenance we want to give you a long lasting service that is personalised to your needs. With our experienced team of engineers and technicians we can give a more personalised and more direct service with strong communication and a better understanding of what you, as the customer, require to realise the potential of your extruder.
Annual machine inspections can include:
- Gearbox inspection
- End float/backlash on input and output shafts
- Checking operation and performance of oil lubrication
- Agitator shaft coupling and gland packing
- Torque coupling check (where necessary)
- Main motor condition and operation
- Barrel temperature control including heating and cooling
- Machine safety and operation interlocks
- Control panel controls and indicators
- Operation and control main D/C drive
- Barrel bolts and helicoils condition
- Agitator elements measured and liner inspection
- Wear inspection
- Acid flushes